1st Latvia – GCC Friendship Students’ Contest – 2021 is the first of its kind, unique, online essay contest open for school students studying in GCC member countries like UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, and other countries; organised by PT GLOBAL EDU in collaboration with the Embassy of the Republic of Latvia in UAE.
The contest is open for all students from grades 6 to 12 studying in any curriculum like GCSE, IGCSE, IB, CIE, CISCE, CBSE, or any other boards in GCC member countries. Students are invited to participate in the contest and express their views about the topic related to Latvia explore suggested reading material and other websites to find relevant information about the theme/topic and execute the best competitive essay.
The winners of the essay contest will be invited for the felicitation ceremony and the reception dinner at the residence of the ambassador/ at the embassy in Abu Dhabi, UAE and will be accommodated at the embassy for a day to explore, understand and learn real diplomatic skills.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE CONTEST
- 10 winners will be accommodated at the Embassy of Latvia in Abu Dhabi, UAE for a day to make them acquainted with real diplomatic skills, learn basic diplomacy skills, duties of diplomats, and learn about the embassy’s work
- 10 winners will be honoured with Latvian souvenir, a gold medal, and the book “Rapid Vedic Mathematics” authored by CN Patel
- 10 winners will be invited for the reception dinner at the residence of the ambassador/at the embassy in Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Certificate of Honour for all participating students
Essay Topic: “What do you understand by de jure recognition of Latvia? How is it very important to each and every Latvian? “
Students can include
- When did it come into existence? ·
- Background history and chronology before granted de jure recognition·
- Why is it referred as diplomat day?·
- Relevant information about the topic
Word Count: 200 to 400 words
Eligibility: Class 6 to 12
Suggested Reading Material: CLICK HERE
BRIEF ABOUT LATVIA
Latvia is situated on the eastern shore of the Baltic Sea, it is a green and modern country with a rich cultural heritage, innovative spirit and 1.9 million outstanding personalities. Latvia’s strategic location between Scandinavia and Russia has made it an international crossroad for trade commerce, and cultural exchange since ancient times.
Latvian is considered one of the oldest and least changed of all living Indo European languages. It belongs to the Baltic branch. Latvia is among the greenest countries in Europe, 50% of Latvia’s territory is forest area, which makes the 4th most forested country in Europe and gives 14 hectors of forest per inhabitant, with 12 500 rivers, springs and more than 3900 lakes, Latvia is also the 4th in Europe by fresh water resources. A special landmark is our Venta Waterfall the widest natural waterfall in Europe (249 m). Golden Latvia’s Baltic Sea coastline is 500 km long. It is clean; it is public, and pleasantly uncrowded.
Latvia is a fully integrated member of all major economic and political structures the UN, EU, NATO, WTO and OECD.
Latvia celebrates 100 years of de jure recognition of Latvia in the year 2021. De jure recognition is very important for each and every Latvian because de jure recognition means that a state has become a subject of international law, the status is official, irrevocable, permanent and recognises Latvia as an internationally recognised state from 26 January 1921
BENEFITS TO STUDENTS
- Great opportunity to be at the embassy and learn real skills of diplomacy and foreign policy
- Certificate by the Embassy will add up students’ academic & professional profile
- Opportunity to meet the ambassador and diplomats at the embassy to understand embassy and diplomats’ work
- Opportunity to ameliorate knowledge, skill, and understanding of geographical, political, and general knowledge of Latvia
- Opportunity to learn about Foreign policy, Key engagement, success stories in the field of diplomacy
- Opportunity to experience Latvian culture, people, history, gastronomy and to learn about global culture
- Opportunity to learn about diplomacy, international relations, and foreign policy to ameliorate skills & talent and to express knowledge & understanding in global conferences, MUN-like programs, national & international forums, etc.
- Access and understand about cross border topics to be a globally competent and accomplished individual
Participation Fee: $ 7/ Student
Contest is open: Midnight (IST) until 15th September 2021
- Winners will be displayed with their name and school name on website
- Winners will be promoted on social media of embassy and PT GLOBAL EDU
STEPS OF PARTICIPATION
|Step 1||Register HERE to generate Student Reference Number (SRN), Please check the spam or junk folder if you don’t find the SRN email in the inbox folder.|
|Step 2||Pay Participation Fee by taping any of below options –|
|Step 3||Download the Essay Form: PDF FORMAT or WORD FORMAT. Students can also use notebook page or A4 size paper. |
Write only SRN & Payment ID on the Essay Form and Email your written essay and participation fee receipt to –
|Step 4||Download “Certificate of Honour” HERE, once results are announced.|
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Participants are advised to register well before the contest’s end date to avoid any last-minute technical glitches.
- Kindly recheck your email ID twice before submitting your information as Student Reference Number (SRN) will be sent to your registered email ID. Please keep your student reference number handy and at a safe place so on the day of results using the same reference number you can download your certificate of honour.
- Kindly check the spam or junk folder, if you have not received the SRN email in the inbox folder. Move the SRN email to your inbox and save the email address in your address book for future updating.
- One email, one entry will be accepted, if sending multiple entries using different emails will not be assessed.
- Only one entry per participant is allowed.
- Parents/guardians may help only in generating the SRN and paying an online participation fee if needed but should not assist in writing the essay.
- Integrity & Honesty are expected from all participants and parents/guardians.
- Essay Form can be downloaded from this website, students can also use A4 size paper or fullscape notebook page; write the SRN and payment ID on the essay form before writing the essay, don’t write student’s name, school name on the essay form.
- Entries must be written in English
- Both handwritten or typed essay will be accepted
- Plagiarism is not accepted in the contest. If you are caught plagiarising you will be automatically disqualified from the competition
- Students have to send their own work and must avoid copy from someone else work.
- The decision of judges will be final and no review request will be entertained; only shortlisted candidates will be approached.
- No request to update the name and school name on the certificate will be entertained; it will be printed the way you entered the information. You must take utmost care while registering your details.
- All entries must be emailed to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the stipulated time until 15th September 2021
- Results will be declared on 1st October 2021 on this website. Results may be announced early or may be delayed. Keep your eyes on this website for results.
- The date of the felicitation ceremony and reception dinner will be intimated to winners and eligible school principals/directors once results will be declared
- Certificates can be downloaded from 1st October 2021 and the link will be available till 31st October 2021, so all participants are requested to download certificates in stipulated time.
- The participation fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Participating students and schools must check this website for results updates and ONLY winning students/schools will be intimated through the mail for further process.
- The organizer may have a full right to change/replace any awards/rewards based on availability; participants must abide by the change/alteration of the award if any due to non-availability of awards.
- If the felicitation ceremony won’t be conducted & canceled due to Covid-19; students’ awards will be couriered.
- Any interested students studying outside of gulf countries and interested to participate in the contest can take it as a part of learning opportunities, certificate will be issued to all participating students.
- For the latest information, terms & conditions of the competition, etc, visit this website often to keep you updated.
For More Information
- General query, Email : email@example.com OR USE HelpDesk for more information
I have not received the Student Reference Number (SRN) after submitting the registration form
Please check the spam or junk folder, if you don’t find the email in the inbox. Please check you have entered the correct email. Don’t register again using a different email, Use the help desk to get SRN.
My email shows already registered, but not received a student reference number.
Your email is successfully registered in the system, so you don’t need to register again using a different email. For SRN, Please check the spam or junk folder, if you don’t find the email in the inbox. Use WhatsApp Message HelpDesk for assistance.
What is the last date of submitting the essay how to send the essay?
The last date of submitting an essay is 15th September 2021 and your written essay must be mailed to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why should my name and school name not require to write on the essay form? How will you identify my work?
In the essay form, you have to write only your SRN and Payment ID, like your name and school name will remain unknown to judges to avoid any discrimination while checking the essay. We will use SRN to check your details after your essay is being assessed.
How can I get assistance if needed?
Students can use WhatsApp Message HelpDesk to get assistance for any query, before that we advise you to please read all information on this contest page to know in details about the contest.